There are numerous options for dental implants, and sometimes consumers are well aware that the price quoted may or may not be what they end up paying due to additional procedures that their specific mouth needs. The smartest thing you can do is to follow these tips below and to be aware of the specific factors that may add additional fees to the total cost of the dental implant procedure.
Know what a dental implant consists of:
- Surgery to implant the titanium post in your jaw
- Final restoration (a crown for a single missing tooth, a bridge for two missing teeth, a denture for a full mouth restoration, etc.)
Question to ask Your Doctor: Is the dental implant cost quoted included all three parts or will I have to pay additional fees?
There can be other factors that increase cost.
- Initial procedures such as x-rays and CT scans
- Complexity of the surgery
- How many and what teeth need to be replaced
- Where you live (some cities are considerably more expensive)
- The particular dentist/surgeon’s experience, specialty & popularity
- How many professionals are involved in your case
- Additional procedures (if required) such as sinus elevation and bone grafting
Know what kind of dental implant brand is included in the cost of the dental implant.
The brand, material and type of post, abutment and crown is a crucial factor in determining price. Famous brands such as Nobel biocare cost significantly more than off-brands.
Question to ask Your Doctor: What kind of implant is recommended for my specific case?
Know if the doctor is using the latest in fully-guided placement of implants. Using digital design and fully-guided placement results in precise placement and a better final deliverable.
Question to Ask Your Doctor: Do you use a digital guide when placing implants?
Some research on the cost of dental implants will prove that the cost varies significantly from one office to another. The price quoted can be for an inferior material. Dr. Paul Athanasius offers transparency and is a leader in providing honest and genuine care. There is big-chain dentistry with multiple offices and doctors, and there is Genuine Family Dentistry, which is a boutique cutting-edge dental practice run by one doctor. Dr. Paul Athanasius treats each patient with care and individualized attention, helping them make educated choices in the treatments options. Make time now to request appointment in the form below and see how Genuine Family Dentistry can meet all your dental needs!